Your Impact in 2019!
- Center for Good Grief
- Center for Healthy Children
- Foundation News
- Medicine Assistance Program
When I was a child, I would hear my parents and grandparents talk about how fast time flies. To me it seemed to creep along with Christmas and my birthday taking forever to arrive. Now that I’m an adult and a parent, I completely understand what they meant. I watch how fast each day, week and year zoom past us. It seems like I just blinked, and we are now in not only a new year but a new decade. Where did the time go?
Before we completely close the books on 2019, I wanted to take a moment to highlight just a few of the amazing things that happened last year through the six programs of the NEA Baptist Charitable Foundation-Medicine Assistance, Center for Healthy Children, WellnessWorks!, HopeCircle, ShareHope, and the NEA Baptist Center For Good Grief.
- HopeCircle: helped over 51,000 patients, served 5,100 lunches to patients receiving chemotherapy, provided transportation help for needy patients, and 212 nights of lodging for patients who were too weak to travel while undergoing treatment.
- NEA Baptist Center for Good Grief: held 1,233 individual grief sessions, added 212 new clients, held its first ever family day event for grieving families, and served 97 people through support groups for Widows, Child Loss, and Family Units. The center has now served over 410 individuals since first opening in October of 2017.
- ShareHope: purchased a second Cuddle Cot to serve families in the hospital dealing with the loss of their baby, helped 24 financially burdened families with funeral expenses, and saw over three hundred people, representing over 75 families, gather for the ShareHope Walk of Remembrance and the Candlelight Vigil.
- Medicine Assistance: assisted patients in obtaining over $4.7 million in much needed prescription medications for over 3,000 people with an average household income of $12,807.
Wow what a year! Each of these numbers represents a family member or friend who has been helped by one of our programs and this could not have happened without you! From a donation to attending one of our events, many of you generously supported the NEA Baptist Charitable Foundation, partnering with us to provide these much needed programs. It is only through this financial support that our foundation can impact the lives of so many. On behalf of every person who was helped in 2019 because of your gift, thank you!
If you ever have any questions about the NEA Baptist Charitable Foundation or one of our six programs, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870) 936-8479.